I wanted to share my notes from a sermon I recently watched. This is for the men.
The purpose of marriage is to glorify God while being conformed into the image of Christ. How can you learn unconditional love if you are married to a woman who meets all of your conditions? How can you learn to practice grace if you are married to a woman who does everything right? Instead of trying to check every box in your Ms. Right checklist, I’d recommend reading this list through a couple times and adding your own.
A man should…
1. be willing to separate from father and mother and form a new family unit.
2. have a personal un-aided devotion to God. (within church community)
3. have devotion to God’s purpose in the context of the family and also have knowledge and application of the scriptures.
4. know that headship puts you in the lime light of God’s judgement. A fearful thing.
5. a Christ like character (Galatians 5)
6. have moral fortitude. 1 Cor. 16:13 (Men act differently)